About the Mini-Workshops
These mini-workshops, led by watercolor artist Al Kline, focus on using the fundamentals of design to create stunning watercolor paintings.
When | Saturdays
Location | Port Aransas Art Center
Registration | $5 per session
Please contact the Art Center to register for these workshops if you would like to attend. Due to social distancing recommendations, classes will be limited to 10 students. Masks are required inside the Art Center.
October 10 | 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. | Painting an Animal Portrait
- This workshop will include a basic drawing tutorial and we will review techniques in color mixing for watercolor washes.
- Students will gain proficiency in sketching with explanation of lights, mid-tones, darks, shade and cast shadows to produce a 3-dimensional animal Portrait.
- Students will gain proficiency on brush strokes and texturing techniques in Portrait painting.
- You may bring your own photo or use the photo provided for the paint along.
- A Paint – Along Demo will be done to tie it all together.
October 24 | 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. |Painting Flowers in Watercolor
- This workshop will show a variety of techniques on how to paint flowers as a still life.
- Students will gain proficiency in creating a variety of textures and color tones on watercolor paper.
- Students will gain proficiency in mixing colors on watercolor paper and creating various wet into wet techniques.
- A Paint-Along will be done to tie it all together.
November 7 | 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. | TBA