The 35th Annual Songwriters’ Showcase is Monday, May 13, 2019. This enjoyable event doubles as a fundraiser for the Port Aransas Art Center. Held from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. in the courtyard of The Tarpon Inn, there is a modest $5 gate fee to benefit the Port Aransas Art Center.
The Tarpon Inn is one of the oldest structures in Port Aransas. It was built in 1886 with surplus lumber from Civil War barracks. Follow this link to learn more. The courtyard is a favorite gathering place for special events like this one.
During Songwriters’ Showcase, talented songwriters will perform their original music. Due to TABC regulations, no coolers or alcohol may be brought into the courtyard. However, beer, wine and festival-type food will be available for purchase. Save the date and plan to come hear some great music at this beautiful venue!
Songwriters’ Showcase Line Up
- (6:00-6:15) Bill Averbach
- (6:20- 6:35) Hamp Brockman and Janet Drew
- (6:40- 6:55) Guy Le Roux
- (7:00- 7:15) James Derkits
- (7:20- 7:35) Ty Dietz
- (7:40- 7:55) Garrett Wieland and David King
- (8:00- 8:15) Kelley Mickwee
- (8:20- 8:35) Woodie Lawson
- (8:40- 8:55) Elvin “Preecher” Williams
- (9:00- 9:15) Mike Williams
- (9:20- 9:35) Jered Clark
- (9:40- 9:55) Billy Snipes