Summer Art Camp
Join our journey this summer as we call on our coastal muses and get our creative juices flowing! For starters, our fearless guide, Sara Webb, will introduce you to a variety of art techniques and projects as well as topics relevant to our coastal life. You will get to exercise your creative imaginations and go home with fun projects and new skills! You will explore ways to protect the Kemp Ridley Sea Turtles and other endangered creatures, keep our beaches clean, and recycle materials that others leave behind!
- For | Grades 4, 5, and 6
- Cost | $35 per person
- When | June 14-18, 2021 (Monday through Friday)
- Time | 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Listed below are examples of some of the projects that will take place during Week 1 and/or Week 2.
Some of the fun creations will include:
- Making an original linocut of a fish or other sea creature. Learn the printmaking process made popular by Matisse and Picasso in the early 1900s.
- Using your linocut to decorate a windsock that you will also make. Not only is a windsock a beautiful project but it is a fun way to become aware of our Gulf coastal winds.
- Recycling projects that include creating sea turtles from objects that others have left behind on the beach.
- Other projects that involve papier-mache, newspaper bowls, and fun (or scary) Sea Monsters
Contact the Art Center for information: firstname.lastname@example.org (361-749-7334)