This year promises to be an exciting one for Artfest!
2019 marks the 14th year the Port Aransas Art Center has hosted Artfest.
Held over the Memorial Day Weekend – May 25 and 26, 2019 – the festival will take place at Jerry McDonald Field, which is located at the corner of Alister Street and Avenue C. Artfest hours will be Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Entry is $5 per person (cash only), and children aged 12 and younger are free.
The two-day outdoor arts festival takes place in Port Aransas, an “island destination” for weekend vacationers from across Texas and beyond, and it is home for those who treasure life near the sea.
Artfest offers fine art in all mediums, a creative kids’ zone, a variety of food vendors, and music, including stage performances and street musicians.
Artfest is a juried show that features original fine art for sale in all mediums. If you would like to be included, here is the information you need to apply:
Artists must be present during the two-day event. All applicants must apply via Zapplication. Other details:
- A free artists’ breakfast will be hosted at the Port Aransas Art Center on Sunday morning (second day of the event), from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- Temporary “booth sitting” is provided by Art Center volunteers throughout the weekend, as needed.
- The venue is a grassy field; use of tent anchors is recommended.
- Overnight security will be onsite from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. (Saturday evening through Sunday morning).
- If you are a food vendor, contact the Port Aransas Art Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- The deadline for Artists is March 31, 2019.